Molly is 9 months old!
In many ways, I am just nine months old too. A part of me was born the day she was. I continue to be baffled by how fast time has gone by and how blessed I continue to feel each day that Molly is my daughter. She, all 30" of my little mollymonster, makes me want to be a better homemaker, joke-teller, jogger, blogger, cook, daughter, friend, mom and woman. I find myself thinking from time to time, "THIS is the perfect age! Don't get any bigger or older". However, the genius of it all is that they ALL are amazing stages and ages. While I find myself missing the times when I could hold her while she fell asleep, I also now rejoice when I can kiss my girl, lay her down and stretch my own arms out at night. I know the tug on my pant leg to be picked up and held will be replaced by other things. The snuggle into my shoulder in shy moments will fade away. The gentle Molly kiss she lays on me from time to time may wane as she grows. So I cherish it with my entire soul today. Despite any and all the challenges we've experienced in the last nine months, be certain, that there is nothing I love more than being Molly's mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment