As Molly starts to work towards saying her first words, I keenly keep in the front of my mind, the knowledge that there will be words in her vocabulary that will take some extra work to master.
Some of these words must be learned since they are socially (please and thank you) and culturally (carpool, email, Thanksgiving) bound. Others still are regionally based (Puyallup, FC Sounders, dizzle, slug). However, of all the words I will impart to Molly, it will be the names of friends and family who live far away, that will be the most dear and important.
In a time when we are connected via email, texting, cell phones, videochatting, social networking and
more, nothing replaces the connection between two people sharing a story, hug or moment together. Thus why I will tell stories about aunties, Nana and Papa, aunt and uncle and others who are important in our life that we don't see everyday. So keep calling, emailing and Skyping. Continue to write, text and Facebook, but know that there is nothing as great as seeing you in person! Until that time, know we
speak of you often and love you always!


No comments:
Post a Comment