November 27, 2009

Molly's Best Buddy



As a busy working mom, I can certainly use all the extra help I can get.  I appreciate Maile's Molly care services.  Her skill set has grown as Molly's has grown.

The picture for this post is of Maile making sure Molly didn't need any help eating her food.  If Molly ever drops anything from her high chair, Maile is on the case.  Maile also provides entertainment for Molly by running in circles in the living room and making Molly laugh really hard.

It is so sweet to watch Molly pick up one of Maile's toys in the morning before Maile is even awake.  Molly looks at me with eyes that say "where is my best buddy mom?  I want to play!"  Once Maile wakes up, Molly holds out Maile's toy and Maile ever-so-gently takes the toy from Molly's hand.  This goes on for several minutes.

I am amazed that both Molly and Maile know whose toys are whose and don't ever confuse them.   Both Molly and Maile have several toys that could be interchanged: fuzzy, squeaky, etc.  They play nicely in the same space without stealing each other's items.  No sibling rivalry here.

From time to time, Maile will get a burst of energy and engage Molly in play.  She will either bring a toy to Molly or she will pounce in front of Molly with a cute bark.  I have been tying to capture this on film, but it eludes capture like Bigfoot.

Molly and Maile share tricks.  Maile is the master of "Bang Bang".  This is a trick where we pretend to shoot her and she falls over on her side.  Molly has watched Maile do this many times and can now do it on cue as well.  I made the recent observation that this may actually not go over so well in public for a number of reasons, however, in our own living room it is too funny and sweet.

Another way I know my two girls are buddies is that Molly often goes over to Maile's crate or round bed and lays her head on the top of it (as in the picture on this post).  It is clear that they have bonded.  It just melts my heart.  I am glad that Molly will get to spend some quality years with Maile, our super dog and I get to watch a girl and her dog enjoy life together.






No comments:

Post a Comment