December 30, 2009

Molly's First Christmas

Santa came to town.  This year, I was on the side of the little elves side of the holiday.  I will always remember Molly's first Christmas, not by the lovely wrapped presents or tasty family brunch, but by the sweet quiet moment shared in the morning.  I sing Christmas carols as we rock in the rocking chair, Molly drinking her milk with her hand gently holding mine.  This was my gift from her as I know these moments will soon disappear.


The day was slow and lovely, one present every so often.  I know we have many holidays in front of us that will be a frenzy of wrapping paper, wish lists, and rising at the crack of dawn to run to the tree...but for now, I love this moment in time when the best part of the holiday is sitting quietly with my baby girl and singing jingle bells.

No comments:

Post a Comment